Hey you guys, so school is out, but that doesn’t mean you need to slow down on your college search. Here are 8 things to do in December:
Involving your counselor:
- Tell a counselor about yourself and make sure you’re applying to the right schools. Don’t overlook what could be a perfect college for you!
- Get last minute advice - and answers to all of your questions - about your essays, your resume, your letters of recommendation, your transcript and more.
- Consult with a counselor as you fill out each individual application. Make sure you understand the terminology and fill out everything correctly.
- Talk to a counselor while completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). There’s tens of thousands of dollars on the line!
- Before you decide on your final list of schools, talk with a student at each one to ensure you’re making the right choices.
- Ask students majoring in the academic areas you’re interested in what their professors, classmates and workloads are really like. Is there anything you need to know about their college?
- Ask your friends where they applied. Are there other schools that aren’t on your radar — but should be?
- Speak with students in your major about the most common career paths for recent graduates. What companies are recruiting on campus? Make sure your own interests match up.
And I know a lot of people are going to wonder how they are going to be able to talk to all these college students, well tumblr is a great place to do that! Just search whatever college you’re interested in and I guarantee that you can find at least two different people who are so zealous about the school and will be more than happy to answer your questions. Especially since this is around the time where early action students are getting accepted and people are finalizing their applications.
Happy Holidays you guys!!!